DBC Network

Saturday 27 February 2010

Modem connection Sony Ericsson K510i in Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope

I began to recognize the Ubuntu LTS from 6:06-Drapper Drake, Edgy Eft 6:10, starting with (dual boot) since 7:04 and Feisty Fawn 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon, but only actually use to work since the 8.04-LTS Hardy Heron, Intrepid Ibex 8:10, and 9:04 Jaunty Jackalope (although I still like Mandriva). Only in the final releases, I would not miss the upgrade (thanks to the motivation of this accident and real assistance Riyogarta mas). Likewise, many who I did not know. Not for nothing, maybe just because my brain is too slow to follow the progress of thinking too fast. Plus, it was too long window poisoning.

When I use Hardy Heron, I started using bluetooth modem for hape reliable Internet connection (dialup). Play KPPP, Gnome PPP and wvdial getting used to. When changing Intrepid Ibex, I initially bluetooth trouble connecting via dialup modem, although soon be overcome thanks to the help Kurnia, bloggers who are also members of the River Solo KPLI. Not long to feel comfortable, come again Jaunty Jackalope. First I was confused, why is not there wvdialnya, but lived for another internet connection, enter the terminal, type sudo apt-get install wvdial, right deh! ...

Well ... recently I got a loan hape Sony Ericsson K510i. Rather lawas hell! can only gprs, not 3G. But can be used as a modem either via Bluetooth or USB cable through luggage. On Windows, connect it via cable to function after the driver install CD is in her luggage as well.

Fad, I'm content with Flash cards, then on again and the data cable from the SE K510i I tried to plug in the USB port on my laptop which already had Jaunty Jackalope. Tuiiiinggggg ...

1-sonerk510i


already been detected? There are two options that appear on the screen SE K510i, the first to transfer files, and the second phone mode. I select the phone mode. Immediately on the laptop screen appears saying Welcome ...


2-new_mobile_broadband

I try to click the network connection icon in the top panel, was actually detected and need configuration.

3-notifikasi

When I click "configure" option appears the state and providers are used. Of course I choose Indonesia, and because the cards used in the SE K510i is subscribed Flash Card Hello, I select Telkomsel as providernya.

4-new_mobile_broadband.png

5-new_mobile_broadband.png

At this point actually being able to directly connect, but I try to peek settings to click with the right network connection icon in the top panel, click again to edit connection.

6-Editing_Telkomsel.png

There are several options there, Wired, Wireless, Mobile Broadband, VPN, and DSL. Telkomsel setting in Mobile Broadband. I just adjust the username and password, all my kosongi according to the instructions I get the first time I subscribed Flash. Dialing can numbernya * 99 #, can also * 99 *** 1 #, it could APN internet, can also telkomsel.

7-notifikasi.png

And, I try to connect to the Internet with network connection click the icon - I click on Telkomsel. I do not know why there are two types of modems on the SE K510i. Later, when I check in Windows, it also had two. I use one that just might ...

8-allow_access

Ops ... clicked out there was another warning, yes of course I invite only (yahoo)

9-konak_dah

It's connect! Network connection icon is now changed to an antenna tower image. Telkomsel Connection Established ...

Yeach ... I apologize if I made too much detail. I am sure, many of sedulur sekaliyan far more understanding. However, this is what I experienced. Apparently a lot of things so easy in Linux.

Because so easy and I did not realize it (I usually take the more difficult path, with a wvdial in the terminal), I reverse-engineer the way internet connection (dialup) in the previous Ubuntu release. I use the Live CD / Installer Ubuntu for 8:04, 8:10, and 9:04.

This is my observation: (funkydance)

Ubuntu Linux 8.04-LTS Hardy Heron: wvdial available, mobile broadband connection is not available.

Ubuntu Linux 8.10 Intrepid Ibex: wvdial and mobile broadband connection available.

Ubuntu Linux 9:04 Jaunty Jackalope: wvdial is not available, mobile broadband connection available.

Related Post



No comments:

Post a Comment