DBC Network

Saturday 6 June 2009

Attempting to Telkomsel Flash in Ubuntu


Paket Kartu HALO dan Modem USB SierraPackage Card HALO and Sierra USB Modem

Some of my friends already use the unlimited internet package from Telkomsel Flash for several months, and they felt quite satisfied with the quality of the connection. I was interested to try it out. Finally, about 2 hours ago, I went to GraPARI to register as a customer at a time to buy Telkomsel Flash USB HSDPA modem type 885U Sierra brand. Earlier morning Surveyor Telkomsel mengonfirmasi come to my address this evening and it seems my connection is active.
Telkomsel Flash pada Network Manager UbuntuTelkomsel Flash Network Manager in Ubuntu

I was was-was, because when I tried my friend's HSDPA modem with the same brand (Sierra), but with a different type (881U), the modem is in trouble with the Network Manager in Ubuntu 9:04. However, my modem directly detected automatically and display a dialog to configure "Mobile Broadband Connection". I need to make to the dialogue is ... select country (Indonesia) and the service provider (Telkomsel). Ubuntu appears to have provided some of the configuration profile for a few providers in Indonesia. Then I check the APN (Access Point Name) that is used and that configuration is correct. After that I also can start browsing directly with the Internet Telkomsel Flash.


http://animaster.wordpress.com^ ^


Related Post



No comments:

Post a Comment