DBC Network

Wednesday 8 September 2010

Need to make sure message gets across? Try this

Is there any way I can tell if an e-mail I send has been opened by the person who received it?
Many e-mail programs permit you, as the sender, to request a read receipt, but the operative word here is "request." In most instances, the recipient has to acknowledge receipt by clicking a button or link. Human nature being what it is, most people ignore such auto-generated requests.There is a program, however, called MSGTAG (www.msgtag.com) that permits you to tag messages so you can determine if they have been opened. Bear in mind that "opened" is not synonymous with "read." MSGTAG has raised a few concerns about infringing on recipients' privacy, but if you're interested, you can read more about it on its website. MSGTAG is available in two flavors, MSGTAG free and MSGTAG Status, for $59.95.
It has been my experience that the easiest way to obtain confirmation of receipt is to ask the recipient rather than rely on the use of gimmicky, potentially intrusive software. I simply include as the last sentence of my message, "Please let me know that you received this." I have yet to encounter a recipient who wasn't willing to click REPLY and type "Got it." Mission accomplished.
A few months ago I changed my Start menu in Windows XP to display the Classic Windows Start menu. I now want to change it back to the default but I can't remember how I changed it in the first place. Can you point me in the right direction?
Right-click the Start button and select Properties. That will display the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties screen. Select the Start Menu tab, where you can choose between the XP-style Start menu or the Classic Start menu, as well as a button to make additional customized changes, if you wish.I am new to computers so I hope you don't mind me asking a newbie question you've probably answered a zillion times: How do I copy a website address and paste it into an e-mail so the person I'm sending it to can just click on the link to access the site?
No questions are too basic or too silly here in Mr. Modemville, so I'm glad you asked. Go to a website and click once in the Address bar at the top of the window. The address or URL (Uniform Resource Locator) will turn blue, which is referred to as being selected, highlighted, or very, very cold.Once the address is highlighted, use the keystroke combination CTRL + C, or right-click and select COPY, to copy the address. Next, compose a new e-mail in which you want to insert the link and use the keyboard combination CTRL + V, or right-click and select PASTE, to paste the address into your message.
Once the e-mail is sent, it then becomes a function of the program opening your message to convert the address into a clickable link for your recipient's viewing pleasure.
For answers to your computer questions, visit www.MrModem.com.




Related Post



No comments:

Post a Comment